How to distinguish between real 925 sterling silver and fake one
Now, fashion has been a hot topic besides work, life. Various jewelries have been one pursuit of fashion in all products, especially 925 sterling silver. But now there is one problem to influence the fame of 925 sterling silver. And what is it? Ok, more and more fake 925 sterling silver are now sold in the market as real one. So how to distinguish both of them correctly is an important thing to the consumers. There are some ways to deal with this problem.
Usually, real 925 sterling silver is make up 92.5% pure silver and the rest of 7.5% alloy. And the alloy use copper as the original material. If someone asserts the composition of his sterling silver is 95 % or more, almost all his various sterling silvers are fake products. Because real 925 sterling silver can only contain proportion of pure silver and alloy. If the proportion is over, the silver products are easy to be destroyed.
And next way is to apply a piece of magnet. Maybe someone has a doubt why have to use a piece of magnet. As common sense, the magnet can attract any products that contain the component of iron, cobalt and nickel. If putting one sterling silver item close to the magnet, the item can be easily attracted by the magnet. This fact can prove that this silver is a fake silver not real one.
If the step above does not work well, no problem, there is another way can keep on. We can use one chemical substance called silver reagent as a tool. Dripping a drop of silver reagent on the surface of the metal. And pure silver will turn into bright red while sterling sliver will turn dark red. If the color of the metal is brown or green or others, this metal is not real silver.
The nitric acid plays an important role in distinguishing 925 sterling silver. Add one drop of nitric acid on its surface to test if it is a real silver. Any low quality silvers or improper proportion of pure silver and alloy would present green color because of the high copper contained. If it is a real silver, the colors will turm a creamy color.
So when purchasing the 925 sterling silver next time, these are great ways to tell you which one you can choose.